- Your Heels Wear Out Unevenly. This can be due to uneven leg length or stress along the length of the spine.
- You Can’t Take a Satisfying Deep Breath. Subluxations in the upper back and ribs can cause restricted breathing and/or expansion of the chest.
- Your Jaw “Clicks”. This can be caused by neck misalignment and severe tension in the upper neck.
- You Have to “Crack” Your Neck, Back, or Other Joints Often. This is your body telling you that something is out of alignment. It can be caused by areas of your spine that are locked or jammed.
- You Can’t Twist or Turn Your Head or Hips to Either Side Easily and Equally. Reduced range of motion comes from misaligned vertebrae.
- You Are Often Tired. An unbalanced spine drains your energy.
- You Have Poor Concentration. Misalignments in your spine affect the Brain-Body connection.
- You Have Low Resistance to Disease. Chiropractic adjustments to reduce nerve pressure have been shown to help increase white blood cells throughout the body. Studies show that every time you get adjusted, your Interleukin-2 (IL-2) levels go up immediately. IL-2 is what your body uses to kill viral and bacterial assaults.
- Your Foot Flares Out When Walking. This test is easy as long as you don’t cheat. Merely look at your feet as you walk. Do they both point forward, or does one foot appear to flare outward or inward? Do both? Foot flare may be a sign of a problem in the lower spine or hips.
- One Leg Appears Shorter Than The Other. Keep your shoes on, and lie down. Have someone stand behind you, look down at your feet, and gently push your heels toward your head. Compare where the heels meet the shoes. One foot may appear anywhere from 1/8” to 1” shorter than the other.
- You Have Poor Posture. Stand on two bathroom scales (or your Wii Fit). The weight distribution should be about the same over each foot. If it is not, that’s a good sign that your spine, hips or head are off-center.
- You Have Headaches, Back Aches, Sore or Tender Spots in Muscles or Joints. All are common signs of a spine out of alignment.
- You Have a Constant, Stressful Feeling and Tension Especially in Muscles and Joints. Nerve irritation from misaligned spine results in muscle tension.
- You Feel Stiffness in Your Back or Neck. Stiffness may be a sign of degenerative changes in your spine.
- You Just Don’t Feel Right, Your Are in General Poor Health. If your Nervous System is not in total balance, your health will not be in total balance.
Getting your nervous system checked and making sure your spine is in alignment will ensure your nervous system can communicate properly with your body. When this happens, it is only a matter of time before your body begins healing properly and true health and vitality can be achieved.
Information taken from Tedd Koren, D.C.: “Chiropractic: Bringing Out The Best In You!”, 4th Edition